Check this out!
The Kilted Chef will walk you through the process of preparing fresh-caught crab to perfection with savoury ingredients. You’ll learn about the crab and its effects on Nova Scotia’s coastlines and you’ll have the opportunity to partake in the prep work and sample this seafood and vegetable dish.
Optionally for those in attendance, take part in a special guided hike from Harbour Rocks Beach into the protected area of the St. Catherines River Estuary. A hike will be offered at noon and at 12:30 pm.
Participants will also enjoy product sampling from local community businesses such as Bulwark Cider, Terra Beata Farms cranberry juice, a tasting from Finest kind Food and a baking workshop with Wiles Lake Farm Market and Bakery.
What a fantastic way to spend your afternoon!
Why not pack a lunch and spend the entire day.
Acadian Seafood Boil Workshop
Time: 11 am – 2 pm, guided hike begins at 12:00 pm and 12:30pm.
Location: Harbour Rocks Beach
Duration: 3 hrs
Cost: $28.25 / person (tax included)
Availability: Up to 70 people
- Tickets available June 4
- Purchase in advance by calling the Visitor Centre at (902) 682-2772, or by email
- Refunds accepted 10 days prior the event (by 4:30 pm July 10)
- Allergies or food intolerances cannot be accommodated
- Children and pets welcome at the boil-up
- The event is not wheel-chair accessible
- Upon registration and payment, participants will receive all necessary planning information by email